The objective of the course is to train pilots holding a PPL (A) under the supervision of the head of education of an ATO at the level of theoretical knowledge required to obtain the commercial airplane pilot license.
Requirements to access the commercial pilot course:
- Private airplane pilot license (PPL (A))
- Class 1 medical certificate
- Theoretical ATPL (A) or CPL (A) (Both available in AFN school)
- A flight of more than 300 NM in the course of which full stop landings at 2 different aerodromes shall be made
- 150 flight hours of which:
- 100 hours as pilot in command
- 20 hours of cross-country navigation, including a long trip of 300 NM with two full stop landings at different aerodromes
- 10 hours of instrument ground instruction up to 5 hours in a simulator and 5 hours of night flight.
The commercial airline pilot must pass a pre-screening exam at this school within six months of the beginning of the course.